Company is committed to complying with the data protection principles (including FTC Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising) and all relevant provisions of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (‘the FCRA’), the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography And Marketing (‘the CAN-SPAM Act’), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (‘the TCPA’), and other federal and state privacy legislation of the USA.
Since Company thrives for business extension in the areas of the United Kingdom and Australia, we have also committed to complying with the Data Protection Act, 2018 and Australian data protection regulations.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the Personal Data that you input into our Website and the data automatically generated by your use of our Website.
Company collects Personal Data that you submit to us including:
- first name;
- last name and/or middle name;
- login information (e.g., username, password, security questions and answers);
- contact information (e.g., email, phone number, mailing address);
- date of birth.
Data collected mainly by cookies:
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system, web page requests, cookie information, hardware attributes, software attributes (automatically collected);
- third-party website, network, platform, server and/or application information (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- usage activity concerning your interactions with the Website and/or third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications accessed through the Website (e.g., number of clicks on a page or feature, amount of time spent on a page or feature, identity of third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers and applications being access through the Website);
- usage activity concerning products and services provided to or accessed by you on or through the Website (e.g., viewing habits, viewing preferences, viewing history, title selections, favorites, streams, downloads, demographics and closed captioning selections).
Customer generated content:
- electronic signature;
- photographic or video image to the extent provided by you to Company;
- statements or content (e.g., comments, videos, photographs, images), and information about such statements or content, which you submit or publish on or through the Website, or which are accessed via your public or linked social media pages (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- Information about third parties that you refer to Company (e.g., name, email and/or other contact information, relationship);
- Information set forth in the Website’s online account registration, subscriber profile, and/or subscriber directory forms completed by you.
We guarantee that content-generated data will be used solely for marketing, promotional, analytical and statistical purposes.
Billing and financial Info:
- billing, payment or shipping information (e.g., payor or payee name, checking account number, credit card number, expiration date, verification code, accountholder name, cardholder name, billing address, mailing address, tax ID number, billing history);
- transactional information (e.g., offers, orders, pricing, payments, purchaser, seller, item information, shipping terms, comments, ratings, feedback and instant messages and/or other communications made within or through the Website).
Categories of Other Information Collected From Your Mobile Device
If you use your mobile device to visit, access or use the Website, then additional categories of personal and non-personal information collected from you through the Website might include:
- Your name associated with your mobile device;
- Your telephone number associated with your mobile device;
- Your geolocation;
- Your mobile device ID information;
- With your express consent, your contacts and/or contact information (e.g., names, telephone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, photos) stored on your mobile device; and/or
- With your express consent, information about third-party software applications on your mobile device (including, without limitation, general software apps, downloadable software apps, social media apps).
Purposes of the collection
We collect information about you because:
- you have provided it to us – for example, if you contact us to ask us questions;
- we need it to provide a product or service that you have requested – for example, if you receive support services from us, handle complaints;
- you become a registered user;
- you apply for a job with us;
- we need it to carry out administrative functions;
- we need it to comply with our legal obligations; and
- for purposes directly related to the above;
- we process your payments;
- we help you to personalize your experience of the usage of Website;
- we monitor the activities of our users on the subject of frauds, misusage and comfort usage;
- we conduct research and measurement activities for purposes of product and service research and development, advertising claim substantiation, market research, and other activities related to the product;
- we protect or enforce rights and properties of others (which may include you).
We may directly communicate with the users through e-mail, instant messages, and/or telephone provided to Company to ensure the proper services provision and to promote our services in accordance with relevant legislation. Notices by Company may be given either by electronic messages to your registered e-mail address or by a general posting to your home page.
We use IP addresses to collect statistical information about the areas of the Website that users are visiting, and general traffic data and to identify a particular user in relation to items being viewed. This information allows us to determine what is most beneficial for users and facilitates us in continually improving the overall Website for our users.
Note About Minors
The Website is a general audience website intended for use by adults. The Website is not designed or intended to attract, and is not directed to, children under 18 years of age, let alone children under 13 years of age. We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to us and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will use reasonable efforts to refrain from further using such personal information or maintaining it in retrievable form.
Usage of third-party platforms
Company utilizes various tracking software, notably Google Analytics Yandex Metric to collect data from every visitor to the Website.
We also use e-commerce platform Shopify, that enables us to visualize our products, process payments and manage our e-commerce business.
Profile with Third Parties
While using our services you do not need to create a separate profile with us. However, since we use Shopify platform to run our business and help it to function, after the use of our services and products, Shopify will create an account for you, that you will be able to manage as well.
Account-creating function with Shopify helps us to track the history of orders, loyalty of our clients, restore your accounts and maintain a permanent communication by sending them e-mail.
The following information may be seen on your Shopify profile:
- Your name;
- Number of years you are with us.
On your request we may delete your profile on Shopify, however, that will reasonably disturb us from providing you the full range of high-qualitative services.
Use of Personal Data
Any Personal Data that we have sourced from readily available public sources or given to us by you will be treated with the utmost care and security. It will not be used in ways to which you have not consented or ways which do not fall in with our stated ‘Purposes for processing information’ and ‘Categories of information collected’.
- We may log communications between you and us for the purposes described earlier in this statement.
- We may also record telephone calls you make to us for quality and training purposes.
- We may use collective identified customer data and statistics for internal analysis and external marketing purposes. Company does not share your Personal Data with third parties.
- We will not sell, rent or loan any Personal Data or identifiable information collected on our Website, except that we may pass or sell your Personal Data outside our corporate group to third parties in the event that we sell the whole or part of our business.
- We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. If you have any questions about payments or would like to dispute a charge, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Company will maintain user’s records (identifiable information and any transactional or payment information) in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, but no longer than it is necessary for the services provision and other purposes indicated herein.
You are entitled to the following rights:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will charge you for this at price adequate to our administrative expenses;
- Right to correct – the right to have your Personal Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Personal Data from our system;
- Right to restrict our use of your Personal Data – the right to “block” us from using your Personal Data or limit the way in which we can use it;
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Personal Data;
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Personal Data including where we use it for legitimate interests.
It is important that the Personal Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Personal Data Protection
We believe we use reasonable administrative, logical, physical, and managerial measures to safeguard your Personal Data against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, and modification.
Company discloses potentially personally-identifying and Personal Data only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Company's behalf or to provide services available at Website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using the Website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
We may hire other companies to perform certain business related functions such as processing payments and refunds on our behalf. Our payment processing partner may request that you provide certain personal information (e.g., a valid government issued ID, your legal name, address, and date of birth) for the purpose of making payment through its financial institutions and complying with any applicable laws and regulations.
They may also communicate directly with you regarding any issues with a payment. Any information provided to our third party payment processing partner will be confidential and only be used for intended purposes.
Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Company may disclose potentially personally-identifying and Personal Data only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Company believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Company, third parties or the public at large.
However, the transmission of information via the Internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website, any transmission is at your own risk.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
A Note to Users Outside of the United States
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the State of California and Better Life Initiatives LLC has an established business relationship with you, then, pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, you have the right to request the following:
- information from us free of charge twice a year regarding the manner in which our Company shares certain personal information collected through the Site and/or the App with third parties who use such information for direct marketing purposes;
- and (b) the discontinuation (or opt-out) of habitof.com sharing of such information with such third parties.
Please submit any such request (“California Privacy Rights Request”) to any one of the following:
By mail: Better Life Initiatives LLC with a subject line of “Your California Privacy Rights.”
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line of “Your California Privacy Rights.”
For each California Privacy Rights Request, please state “Your California Privacy Rights” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
- the nature of your request;
- that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights;”
- your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
- whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
If you send a California Privacy Rights Request by mail, then please do so by U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to allow for confirmation of mailing, delivery and tracking. We will not accept a California Privacy Rights Request via telephone or fax; and is not responsible for a California Privacy Rights Request that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled or incorrectly sent.
You are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of your personal information, and for keeping your personal information current and correct.
Further, we do not respond to “do not track” (DNT) signals.
Links to and from our Website
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners and affiliates. Our Website may, from time to time, contain advertisement proposals of our partners and affiliates.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Any enquiries regarding the Personal Data provided, including the requests for access to, correction, or removal of your Personal Data, should be addressed at
Company does not provide any guaranteed response time but will make a good faith effort to answer questions within five (5) business days.
Last updated: April 8, 2019